Skip to main content
1 answer
1
Asked 26 views

I am a 400-level student of psychology presently interning at Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, I want to build my career Human Resource Management, I haven't graduated yet. I am hoping to get retained after my internship, I am a bit confused on what skills I should learn and how I can approach this career path.?

I am presently interning in the aviation medical department at FAAN, I have a high problem-solving ability and an interest in human resources.
I started taking some HR management courses on Coursera and Allison recently.


1

1 answer


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Everett’s Answer

Hi Emmanuel,

I recommend working on your soft skills, when you are first trying to get into the HR field. Things like time management, communication skills, problem-solving, growth mindset, networking, are most important. These are all things you can work on in your everyday life. There are also self-help books such as Mindset by Dr. Carol Dweck and Atomic Habits by James Clear.

Hard skills such as using HRIS, HR operations, HR strategy, etc, will come as you work in an HR role.

Courses and books are wonderful resources as well, but I would treat them as very basic introductions. Most of the learning will come from actually doing the work and asking more experienced colleagues advice.

I believe as long as you are eager to learn, and you are willing to, a company or organization would be happy to employ you.
0