How do you build a successful career, without any experience?

2

Many job offers/positions require a person to have experience. If I'm fresh out of College, of course I'd be looking for a place to work. How will I be able to prove myself in my field, even though I'm a rookie/newbie. #jobs #salary #job-market #career #job

2

Angela’s Answer

0

Hi Eboni,

There are plenty of ways for you to get experience while you are in school. A great way to get experience is to complete internships during the school year or over the summer. During this time you will get a sense of what it is like to work for a particular company, make connections and gain real world experience. You can also work part time during school. Getting a part time campus job will boost your resume. If there is a class that you really enjoy, apply to become a Teaching Assistant. Any of these experiences will improve your resume and you can always refer to these positions during an interview.

Angela recommends the following next steps:

• Apply for internships for winter and summer breaks
  • Look at part time campus jobs
  • Apply for TA positions
0

Tom’s Answer

0
You can find many entry level or part time jobs to work at while attending school. For any specialty field you are looking into, then internships may be a great way to start. Many jobs are posted online these days but you can certainly go into company offices to see if they have any available openings as well.
0

Ivo’s Answer

0

Hi Eboni,

There are many ways to build a career without experience. I would recommend to create a Linkedin account with your school history, languages you know etc. It would be good to try to find an internship during your school times, so you would be a part of a company that might hire you immediately after school.

0