Will Dell be at the top of the market when I get older and how can I work for Dell?

I am interested in the technology field and think Dell is cool. #technology #job #job-market #dell

Gary Stephen’s Answer

Hi, I have worked with Dell for over 15 years and yes we are totally cool... :) I love working at Dell...I would suggest figuring out what you want to do with your education and career...then get the best grades you can, pick a good college and then try to get an internship with Dell when you can...I have worked with a lot of interns and most of them get hired by Dell after their internship if they want to. www dot dell dot com for more information on the company, history, Mr. Dell, etc... Good luck! :)

very thank you for your teaching

Brennan’s Answer

Glad to hear that Dell is a target employer for you! I've been at Dell nearly 14 years and found it to be a rewarding place to work. Yes, the technology solutions marketplace is still dynamic with a lot of opportunity for growth, particularly as internet of things starts to take off over the next 10-15 years.

In addition to just understanding Dell products, you might check out http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/about-dell for a good overview of Dell and what is like working at Dell. Best of luck to you!

Pradeep’s Answer

Mr. Dell created this company in 1984 and it has survived till 2016 :) i have worked for dell for over 10 years and have loved every bit of the time i have spent here. We are here to Stay ! :) and if you want to work for Dell, you have several career options starting from a Contact center, IT, Finance, HR, Software development, Testing, .. what you need to do is to chose the right foundation which entices you in your study and work toward achieving high things.

do get onto this link to know more about Careers in Dell - change the country you stay in - http://www.dell.com/learn/in/en/incorp1/careers?c=in&l=en&s=corp&redirect=1

Joice’s Answer

Hello! I work as an intern for Dell and it`s amazing! I was also interested in technology when I was younger and really wanted to work in a good company of the market. The advice I`ll give you is to study and work hard. When you`re ready, you can find opportunities at Dell in the link bellow

Joice recommends the following next steps:

• https://jobs.dell.com/location/united-states-texas-austin-jobs/375/6252001-4736286-4737316-4671654/4

Vivek’s Answer

Hey, Dell is an awesome company to work and the best way to get closer with Dell is to start using Dell products.. Dont miss to check out our new XPS 12.... Also keep visiting our career section in the official website www,dell.com by selecting the country you are in. Wish you all the best and hope to meet you some day @ Dell :)

Henrique’s Answer

Hello, I can say. Dell is an amazing company to learn and get some experience on the technology role. I work as an 6 months on supply chain planning for Brazil, and I got to much knowledge . To get a some opportunity, you must be interesting on they job role, a harder student and creative too. This is my opinion to this amazing company.

Monika’s Answer

Dell EMC is really inviting. Follow internships at Dell and the requirements. Working at Dell meets all my expectations regarding work-life balance.

Pavol’s Answer

Hi, my opinion is that yes Dell will be here still in the future. Some of the small competitors will shut down their businesses, but Dell is strong and big enough to be here. So don't worry:-) And as other people suggested to you already starting as a internship is a good beginning for you at Dell. Pavol

Gerardo Antonio’s Answer

Dell is growing Strong especially in the enterprise and server business. Try to study whatever you can that is tech related.

Keep an eye at the dell's career website and out social media accounts on facebook, twitter and linkedin for openings on Internships and Jobs

Gerardo Antonio recommends the following next steps:

• Follow Dell on social media

Laura’s Answer

The first question is, what do you want to do at Dell? There are many different types of opportunities, such as sales, eCommerce/online and software engineers, so it'd be helpful to identify what area you are interested in and get a degree related to that field. Many people have started their careers in sales and branched out into other areas. Regardless of what career focus you decide Dell has many paths to go down, the common factor is being passionate about the type of work you are doing.

Laura recommends the following next steps:

• Research careers at Dell https://jobs.dell.com
  • If you're not sure what your passionate about, internships are a great way to check out different organizations within Dell. See what's available here: https://jobs.dell.com/internships

Naveen’s Answer

Dell is a great company to work with. I have been associated with Dell since Dec 2007. Worked with various departments like Sales, Tech Support, Customer Care & Contact Center Operations. We also have various other segments where one can start up his career with Dell, and we also have career development opportunities to learn grow and thrive.

I have loved and enjoyed my tenure I have spent here. Wish you all the best and hope our paths will cross in near future.

Durga’s Answer

Dell acquiring EMC is a testimony of what we as a company/ team want to be. Dell has always strived to make life simple for common man which the essence of our success. And here you may see whom so ever have answered your question have been with Dell for more than a decade including me.

It is human trait that we stick to what we believe :-)

Mike’s Answer

I have been at Dell for 12 years and it has been great. I have been able to work remotely for most of the time which gives me a great work life balance. Dell is always working to improve the company and release great products and services. So, yes, Dell will definitely still be a leader in the market when you get older. There are lots of internships available to get you started.

Eugen’s Answer

I'm working for Dell Europe for 10+ years. Dell is already bigger than HP or Lenovo in major parts of business in terms of revenue or margin and long term we are aiming to become no.1 in market share as well. If you want to join our team, I recommend to take internship or start any available job at Dell. Even if you will not feel perfectly comfortable in your first position there, it's a huge company with lot's and lot's of growth opportunities.

Zineb’s Answer

Hello,

I worked for Dell for almost 3 Years and it was my first job Fresh out of engineering school, im within the Master Data & Governance team and i have already occupied 5 roles within the organization. One thing i'm gonna tell you, you will never get bored! Dell Is always evolving. The only constant thing in here is Change. We Embrace it, we thrive in it. So to answer your question. Rest Assured Dell will still be 1st Class Leader when you Graduate.

Ryan’s Answer

Absolutely, Dell will still be on top. I've been with Dell for 14.5 years and have seen so many changes over my time here. Dell is positioning itself to be at the top of the market for many more decades to come through organic growth strategies and many important acquisitions we have made in the last several years, such as the purchase of EMC.

Some other facts you may not know about Dell is that we are #1 in monitor market share globally for over 5 years, #1 in North America for over 18 years, #1 in Australia for over 10 years, #1 in France for over 3 years, #1 in UK for over 4 years. Dell is also #1 in storage & Workstations market share.

If you're really interested in gaining employment with Dell, focus on your education and get a college degree in whatever you are passionate about. You can either start with an internship at Dell during college or go directly to Dell for employment when you graduate. Simply go to https://jobs.dell.com/ and apply.

Ryan recommends the following next steps:

• apply @ https://jobs.dell.com/

Emily’s Answer

Dell is very invested in the future and keeps your generation in mind when it develops new products.  I would suggest doing really well in school, work to go to a good college and then think of what you'd like to start doing in your career.  Don't be afraid to start with any job to get your foot in the door and the longer you work, the more you can figure out what you want to do and where you want to go.  Don't think you have to have everything figured out when you start.  Your career can change the longer you work and Dell is a great place to explore the IT world and they really encourage you to grow in your career.

Robert’s Answer

For over 30 years, Dell has played a critical role in transforming computing and finding better, more affordable ways for our  customers to be more efficient, more mobile, more informed and more secure. In September we closed the largest tech deal in history with EMC to become Dell Technologies. We have now more than 140,000 team members worldwide operating in over 180 countries worldwide. Leaving a Legacy of Good - by 2020, the good that will come from Dell technology will be 10 times what it takes to create and use it. We (Dell) are here to stay based on the legacy.

How you can start your career at Dell? More Information & Resources: Dell Career Site Dell EMC 2020 Legacy of Good Graduate Talks Technology Meet-ups Career Guidance Teachers Connect with Dell Careers on Social Media