How should I go about setting up a payment plan with my school so I have minimum loan damage after graduation

Asked West Palm Beach, Florida

just looking for advice on a decent plan and trying to minimize student loans #planning

Scott’s Answer

Updated Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The best way to minimize "loan damage" after graduation is not to take any out... Student loans are miserable and many folks have them hanging around for 20+ years after graduation. Take it from someone that knows... First, Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Apply for 10-20 a week or more, make that your part time job. Second, pick a school that you can afford to pay for. Third some schools have a monthly payment plan for tuition. You will need to check with the school you are applying at to verify. Finally look at working at an employer that helps pay for college.  a quick Google search shows Publix, Wells Fargo, Comcast, Starbucks, AT&T and Bank of America are in your area and they all have some form of tuition reimbursement.

Scott recommends the following next steps:

• First, Apply for as many scholarships as you can
  • Pick a school that you can afford to pay for
  • Check the school to see if they have a payment plan
  • Finally look at working at an employer that helps pay for college