As a Business ops manager , I like to be ahead (or at least keep myself current) of all things happening at work.
I catch up with my Work emails while having cofee. and categorize them as follows
- "To-Do" for the same day,
- Follow-up for future date,
- No-Action required (delete the email / Move to junk folder)
As i get ready to work i listen to news ( listen to news while driving to work) -- All the above happens before my typical work starts:
Typical Day (includes but not limited to)
- 40% of my day is occupied by meetings which i am leading or attending to provide my business input
- Rest of the time I am working on the To-Do's actions that I marked for myself i.e - Analysing data , creating powerpoint presentation to propose a business case, or studying for my certification ( Yes your career development is part of your job and work day), mentoring your colleague etc -- These are typical things i do day-to-day.
- Starting your day early is the KEY for success.