2

I am attending NHCC for exercise science right now. I want to go for Physical Therapy Assistant and I don't know if going for the Athletic Training area is good for that or not. This is what NHCC has to offer for Associates for exercise science. Physical Education AS, Corporate Wellness AS, Personal Training Certificate, Wellness Coach Certificate

#physical-therapist #career #athletic-training #medicine

2

0

Thulasi’s Answer

No matter what option you select its going to help pursue Physical Therapy assistance -- If I have to pick Physical Education and Personal training programs may have an edge.

While thinking of what you want to become -- Think of what will be the future of Physical Therapy/ Exercise science in this new innovative-Technology era - Sustainable career selection in this ever changing time is the key.

Hths - Good Luck.

0
0

Don’s Answer

Hi Katherine - as a former physical therapist with a Masters from Washington University, St. Louis and Athletic Trainer, any of the programs you reference would be applicable to becoming a physical therapy assistant. I would, however, think about a longer term goal of a path to become a physical therapist which I believe you would find very rewarding. Obtaining your AS and transferring to a school which has a physical therapy degree would be another path to potentially pursue. Set your goals high. I'd also suggest, if you are not volunteering in as a physical therapy assistant or aide that you do so to see first hand if you prefer the role of physical therapy assistant, physical therapist or other occupation. Volunteering in a hospital is a great way to experience these occupations as well as others including physician, nurse, occupational therapist, etc. Best of luck to you.
0
0

Don’s Answer

0