If my strengths are being dependable and trustworthy, what types of careers or industries might best fit me?

Updated Lakeland, Florida

I am hard working, organized, dependable, punctual and a team player. #careers #industries #career-counseling

Emily’s Answer

Dependability and trustworthiness are considered soft skills similar to work ethics, that are valuable in any career or industry. Employers like employees whom they can rely on to contribute towards a vision that the company aims for. Integrity/trustworthiness is always commendable from any individual for an employer to expect for. These are among strengths that will carry anybody towards greatness in any chosen field of work. Examples of other soft skills are: Leadership skills, teamwork, communication skills, problem-solving skills, work ethics, flexibility, interpersonal skills.

Emily recommends the following next steps:

• Check out www.skillsurvey.com/Soft/Skills - Get the Answers to the Top 20 Questions About Soft Skills in the Workplace

Rachael’s Answer

Those strengths are valuable in any industry. I would suggest taking a career placement and personality assessment to develop on identifying your strengths weaknesses and skill sets for a more in depth idea of what fields would best suit you. These are most likely available through your school. You can also find them online.

ShaRon’s Answer

Updated Ashburn, Virginia

Go to your schools guidance office and ask them to give you test that directs you what careers best suit your interest and skills.  An internet search might also find Career Assessment tools that will assist you.  Good Luck

Angelica’s Answer

Hello,

Great question. With those characteristics you can choose any career you would like. The question is, what do like spending your time doing the most? Answer that question and you will find a career to match your character.

When I was your age, I wish that I would have asked myself that question. If I did, this would have been my answer: I like spending my time listening to music and watching tv. My characteristics are organization and I like helping people. Today, I am an educational filmmaker.

I hope this encourages you! Many blessings!

Angelica recommends the following next steps:

• Take time to determine how you like to spend your time.

If you are dependable and trustworthy, any industry would be for you! Employers look for just that in any industry as it means you will work-hard and show-up no matter what....find something you are passionate about and go for it!

Just to add.. careers which deal with very personal/confidential data (Doctors, Therapists, Psychologists, Armed Forces, Politicians etc) would need the highest levels of being dependable and trustworthy. hope this helps.

Glen’s Answer

Those traits are the foundation for career success in any industry. Hold onto them without compromise and they will serve to differentiate you from others when it comes to hiring, promotions and career growth. You will likely be happiest in a company that contributes meaningfully to society and has a set of core values that aligns with your own.

Be prepared to offer short anecdotes that illustrate your commitment to these principles during the hiring process. Once onboard your behavior will speak for itself.

Follow your heart - I wish you all the best.