If you have a desire to be a physical therapist, you can pursue a four degree in physical therapy or a related field such as biology, kinesiology, exercise science, excercise physiology, psychology, allied health and health sciences. Most jobs want you to have a graduate degree in Physical Therapy after you obtain an undergraduate degree.
Nija recommends the following next steps:
- Continue to do your research on the internet or go to the library to find out about the field of physical therapy
- Volunteer at a rehab program at a medical facility along with physical therapists.
- Schedule to go to college tours and speak with the faculty pertaining to physical therapy
- Refer to this website (occupational outlook handbook) and it will provide more information about being a physical therapist: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/mobile/physical-therapists.htm
- Conduct an informational interview with physical therapists in order to obtain information about being a physical therapist.