That depends on what kind of trade you want to do. In your question you've put the hashtag #engineer. There are lots of different types of engineer, for example electrical, mechanical, software, hardware. The kind of training and skills you need will be different depending on what kind of engineer you want to be. The good news is, a lot the skills are the same across these different types of engineer!
Some things I think you should focus on:
- Maths & Science - if you're studying at high school, these subjects will help you develop the kind of skills you need to be an engineer
- Decide what kind of career you're interested in - if you're interested in computers maybe you want to be a software engineer. If you're interested in building bridges or tunnels maybe you want to be a civil engineer. Choose what interests you and go from there!
- Find some books or an online course that you can try to see if you enjoy the topic - go to a library or check out https://www.edx.org/course/subject/engineering for a free online engineering course
daniel recommends the following next steps:
- Think about what kind of engineering you are interested in
- Maths and science at school with help you! Speak to your teacher and tell them you want to pursue a career as an engineer
- Read some relevant books from the library or try a free online course