Is there any career options within the military regarding chemistry?

4

I am very interested in the military and chemistry and I was wondering if both subjects could be integrated together as my career. Right now I am considering majoring in chemistry in college but I still interested in being involved with the military. #chemistry #military

4

Oren’s Answer

3

Absolutely. The Department of Defense has numerous jobs that benefit from having a strong background in Chemistry, including intelligence analysis, manufacturing, and operations.

3

0

Check with a recruiter to locate branch of service and duty stations that have research and development activities like the Detroit Arsenal, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Rock Island Arsenal, etc. for the Army. Navy may have nuclear facilities along the east coast. Chemists are few in military life and most are in weapons development and logistics commands. Lots of nice perks for Chemists whether enlisted of officer in any branch.

0

Paulo’s Answer

0

Check the U.S. Navy and the Department of Defense for civilian opportunities

0