2 answers
Asked Viewed 568 times Translate

How should I get my first internship if I want to become a pharmacist in the USA? I have the Bachelor degree in pharmacy in Spain.

My goal after I finish the internship is to become an employee because I would like to work in a hospital as a pharmacist. #pharmacy

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you
100% of 2 Pros

2 answers

Updated Translate

Dianna’s Answer

If you are a pharmacist in your home country, you'll have to start off passing the pharmacy foreign equivalency exam and most like the TOEFL. Once you've passed the equivalency exam, you can apply for your intern license. Unfortunately, you'll most likely have to do all your intern hours over again. The number of hours required varies from state to state. For California, the minimum hours required is 1900 hours. Once you've completed the internship requirements, you can apply to sit for the NAPLEX and MPJE. There's more info on these exams on the NABP website. Hope that helps and best of luck to you!

Thank you very much for your help! I will follow all your steps! Alexandra M.

100% of 2 Students
Updated Translate

Ken’s Answer

Each state has its own requirements, so you need to go to your state pharmacy board to find the requirements for your state.

I think it would be a good idea to go talk to the pharmacists at your local drug stores to get information and recommendations from them.

Sent thank you notes to those who help you. Keep me posted. I would like to follow your progress!