Why did you choose this certain career?

I am 20 years old and attending job corps in San Jose looking to start up my career. #career-choice #jobcorps

Danny’s Answer

I currently work in Information Technology (IT) as a System Engineer writing requirements for the telecommunications network systems that we develop. Initially I went to college for a 2-year degree in Electrical Technology because I always loved technology. Once I started working as a technician I started writing software and got my degree in Computer Science. Then, I also worked as a Project Manager and tester. Thus, you can say that I have done all of the disciplines in IT. I chose to work in these fields because I love them and they are very interesting. You should choose a career that you are interested in and will make you happy.

Brenda’s Answer

I chose a career in project management because of my passion for working with people to accomplish shared goals. I am currently a Scrum Master, which is very similar to a project manager. I am a servant leader that helps move roadblocks from the team so that work can be accomplished and goals achieved.

Brenda recommends the following next steps:

• Identify and research jobs of interest. Then find people that you can shadow to learn more about a particular job or industry