What is typical day like in your job

4

Jocelyn’s Answer

I am registered nurse. I work three 12 hours shifts and have 4 days off. It’s a great schedule but very long days. My first day off I basically recovering from the week.
I work in a rural urgent care that functions as a stand alone ER. We’ve seen everything from him shot wounds, heart attacks, strokes, sepsis, lacerations, fractures, the complete unknown, and people from all around the world. It can be extremely busy, most days, as it’s one nurse and one provider. It’s rewarding to help patients figure out problems relating to lack of insurance and a treatment plan that is cost effective. It can also be very scary knowing a patient can crash on you at an minute. But, we like the adrenaline of it. I love being a nurse. Best career ever.

2

Estelle’s Answer

Ob/Gyns practice office gynecology, deliver babies, and perform gynecologic surgery. I have been practicing gynecology for 30 yrs. I no longer deliver babies,and I focus on gynecology and gynecologic surgery. Office gynecology includes providing family planning services, diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, and treating pelvic pain. We perform well woman exams and cancer screening with pap smears and physical exams. I perform surgery one day per week and see patients in the office the other 4 days per week. My days usually start around 8 a.m and end around 5:30 p.m. Ob/Gyn is a very rewarding specialty in which we treat women of all ages.

0

I am a radiologist. There are multiple subspecialties in Radiology, so each of my partners daily work is quite different. I am an Interventional radiologist. I spend about half my time looking at Medical Imaging ( CT, x-ray, ultrasound, and MRI) to diagnose diseases. The other half of my time is spent performing procedures. We use ultrasound, CT, and x-ray to guide various Tools into different parts of the body to diagnose and treat illness. We can open and close arteries and veins as necessary. We also inject radiation and chemotherapy directly into tumors.

0

Anthony’s Answer

I am an optometrist. So, here is the best thing about my job if you fall into the line of "lover of science and business." I have switched my career multiple times through my career. I have owned my own practice, I have worked for a nursing home group for 10 years, and I am currently at Warby Parker. Each path is incredibly different on what aspects you use. Owning my own practice really made me into the business man I am today. The nursing home practice pushed me to become the physician that I am today. At this stage of my career, Warby Parker lets me apply each of these practices in a less strenuous approach. Warby is the best (optical) retail company out there and I will likely advance further a managerial role. I look at optometry as I look at nursing... so many opportunities for you, just depends on what flavor you want.

0