what is a typical day like in HVAC

2

I am always ready for everything in a job #job

2

Jillian’s Answer

0
I'm personally not an HVAC technician, but I'm married to one :)
A typical day is he gets up at 6am & leaves the house by 7:30am to head to the supply store & pick up the parts he needs for the jobs he has that day. He spends a lot of time driving around to meet with customers all over our area. He's often in hot attic spaces or dark, cold, sometimes damp, crawl spaces. He's sometimes around snakes & spiders as a result.
He spends a good bit of time in awkward positions on his knees under houses or balancing between floor joists in attics, which can lead to lots of aches & pains. Sometimes, the troubleshooting is hard & he spends many hours doing processes of elimination, which can be frustrating.
He doesn't take many breaks except to drive to the next customer as he tries to get as much work done as possible - it's a hustle, for sure!
That may not sound glamorous or even appealing but he loves his job for the following reasons: building relationships with customers, using his education to problem solve, creating work that he's proud of (systems that work efficiently, & metal & ductwork that looks nice & neat), & really just being able to be someone's hero of the day :)
0