How was your track like going through medical school ?

1

I'm a high school student interested in being an obstetrician! I love being able to make people's lives brighten and to me that brightness for any expecting mother is being able to have their baby and hold him/her for the first time. I have a few distant family members in the field and hearing about what they do interested me! #obstetrician #doctor #obgyn #midwiving #midwive #nurse #nursing #medicine #healthcare

1

Caitlin’s Answer

0
I cannot answer about the medical school route, but I can attest to working in the field of obstetrics is a very worthy and rewarding profession.

If I may suggest an alternative path to consider? Midwives and labor & delivery nurses also get to walk that path with a women. Certified Nurse Midwives need about six to seven years of school and a couple of years of nursing experience to enter the profession. Many of us worked as a labor and delivery nurse before we became a CNM.
0