What can you do with a major in psychology and minor in music?

1
1

Nija’s Answer

0

Hi Isabela,

You are asking a great question and I am pretty sure that there maybe other individuals wanting to know about it like you. Having a double major in psychology and a minor in music is an interesting combination. I believe both psychology and music meshes well together because it gives you the opportunity to utilize and explore how people feel, think and respond when you are providing a service in your upcoming career. Both combinations make sense and works well together. You are more marketable to obtain more job opportunities. With a major in psychology and a minor in music; you can explore the career path of being a music therapist; a teacher; recreational therapist; musical trainer, etc.

If you are strongly considering the field of psychology, you would need to further your education beyond a bachelor's degree in order to establish a career in both areas. It is up to you to have the passion and the desire to continue to pursue a degree in psychology and a minor in music. If this is your ultimate desire and interest, then go for it. Good luck to you and I wish you well in your academic studies and your career.

I hope this response helps you get a better sense of how you can utilze majoring in psychology and minor in music.

Nija recommends the following next steps:

• Think about whether or not you want to continue to major in psychology and music
  • Consult with your professors and a career counselor if you need further information about possible careers based on your major
  • Create a list of pros and cons of majoring in psychology and having a minor in music
0