What all does it take to become a special agent ?

5

Currently in Job corps seeking advice
#career

5

Mike’s Answer

0
Keep in mind there is also a need for white collar crimes. When I was at UTSA, the FBI came out annually to interview graduates for become an Agent. To my surprise, they were interested in Accounting Degrees. I was so interested, until I found out I had to carry a gun as an Agent. In my mind, if I carried one, then some day I would have to use it.

Check out the type of agent you are interested in becoming and check with the Career Placement Center at your University to see if they arrange interviews through your campus.

Please note, they will do a thorough background check. It is very extensive to be an Agent for the Government.
0

Cindie’s Answer

0
Hi Dalilah. First, I am not a special agent. :) I'm not sure if you've visited the Central Intelligence Agency careers web page, https://www.cia.gov/careers, but this is a good place to start. There appears to be a lot of information here that I think you could leverage. State and Federal intelligence organizations use a wide variety of skills, but if I can think of one that will set you uniquely apart it would be being multi-lingual--not just 2 languages, but 3 or more. The second skill or knowledge area would be psychology and negotiation. I hope this information is useful to you.

Cindie recommends the following next steps:

• Visit the CIA and FBI career websites and review the opportunities (job openings specifically to see what these organizations are looking for)
0