What is the biggest obstacle you face during your journey to become a specialized doctor?

2
2

Dheeraj’s Answer

0

If your goal is to become a specialist medical Doctor you have to be prepared to overcome obstacles at each step, starting from premed to MCATs, medical school, getting a residency , completing a residency, doing fellowship ,getting board certified and finally joining a practice.

You have to make informed decisions at each step so try to talk to as many of your colleagues you can, try to do volunteer work at a doctor’s office if possible dab into billing so that you can know firsthand the financial aspect of medical practice. Good luck!

Dheeraj recommends the following next steps:

• Volunteer
  • Talk to your career counselor
  • Look at your loan options
0

0
I completed a general surgery residency prior to becoming a colorectal surgeon. Working 80+ hours a week and trying to balance that with a family is difficult. It is worth the sacrifice, but still difficult. My biggest sacrifice was spending every third night on call away from my newborn baby her first year of life. Those are times that you don't get back.
0