Will this job improve my social skills?

1

#customer Representative #career

1

Melisa’s Answer

0

Hi Isaac,

What a very thoughtful question. I've held jobs in both customer service and retail sales before my career at my current company. I truly feel that both of those roles helped me not only with improving my social skills, but in learning to work with all types of people and personalities. By working in customer service, I also found it helpful in learning how to “problem solve” and help others by finding solutions.

If you want to continue improving your social skills, I would also add that volunteering in your community can help grow some meaningful and interesting connections and even gain confidence. By volunteering, you are working alongside others in your community that may have different types of careers and even potential job opportunities. It can provide you with opportunities to informally practice your social skills while also doing something to make a positive impact in our world.

You can find out volunteer opportunities through your school, church, local non-profit organizations and online by searching helpful volunteer event focused websites.

Best wishes for success in your educational and career goals.

#customer_service #career #social_skills

Melisa recommends the following next steps:

• Check online for helpful and entertaining videos on improving social skills. Sites like TedTalks and LinkedIn have some great free educational information.
  • Practice your social skills informally, in small group or different size settings there are opportunities.
  • Check out sites like http://greatnonprofits.org to find volunteer opportunities and organizations near you so you can find something to participate in.
0