Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, many traditional hiring practices may not happen. What do you recommend I do for a job search moving forward in these uncertain times?
Justin recommends the following next steps:
- Search Job Markets like Indeed.com and Monster.com, or a Job Agency.
- Apply for any job you are comfortable with doing.
- Set up a bank account you can manage, online banks are good like Chime or use Credit Karma as resource guide.
- Set a goal for up to 6 months, after 6 months you should be able to get a better job.
- Then, repeat.
Jessica Sera’s Answer
Jessica Sera recommends the following next steps:
- Stay productive and gain experience - take a class you are interested in, look up ways to volunteer virtually
- Network with professionals in the field you are interested in
- Work on interview skills
There's options for just picking up restaurant food or grocery shop for what guests order through applications such as DoorDash or InstaCart. Also, during this COVID-19 situation, 6 feet of distance is recommending if not mandatory and therefore each application for deliveries allows you to leave them at the door to avoid interactions.
It may be difficult at this time finding higher end jobs or full-time career jobs due to the impact of this recession, however, these job titles are offering the chance to submit applications and do virtual interviews for when these locations begin to re-open. For this I would highly recommend creating an Indeed or Linkdin account to keep track of your professional career and experience.
Sending emails to corporations or employees couldn't hurt especially if you are determined for a job at this time.
Jackie recommends the following next steps:
Regarding what you can do
1. Like i said be optimistic
2. Hiring might slow, use the opportunity of lock down and social distancing to build new skills. Several online courses are available today
3. Keep your linkedin profile updated
4. Actively search for jobs
5. Dont forget many big companies started in garages, homes etc. Who knows this could be your moment. If you have the skills i mentioned earlier and have some great ideas you really believe in, this could be your journey of being an entrepreneur.
This is also a great time to look into different certifications that you could complete online to help with a future career if you have the time or opportunity.
During these tough times, I would recommend honing your skills and taking up all interviews which come up virtually!