What classes should i take if i want to become a pediatrician?

what should i major in?
what school is a good choice for pediatrics? #pediatrician #college #hospital-and-health-care #career #medicine

Hi Linda, any classes like Biology, Early Childhood Development, Chemistry and if your school offers them, definitely anatomy and physiology. In medical school you will have a rotation through pediatrics, however, if you are 100% sure that pediatrics is your choice, then the tops medical schools for Peds are Univeristy of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Johns Hopkins, University of Pennsylvania, and then some of the IVY league schools like Harvard, Duke, etc., Victoria (Vickie) Montrose

1

Dimple’s Answer

It all depends upon what you want to do. If you want to be a general pediatrician or any doctor you need to at least take core biology classes required by medical schools. I wouldn't get to tied to specialty most people change their mind once they enter medical school. A lot of change is going on in medicine right now, if I could do it again I'd get a degree in Information technology and computer programming. Artificial intelligence will likely take over multiple roles in medicine in the next decade. So many apps are being created on a daily basis, electronic health records etc..
I suspect a lot of what general doctors do, be it pediatricians or internists or radiologist will likely be augmented with AI. Read some of the latest articles including one that shows a computer can read Chest XR at 99% accuracy.

0