It's great that you've identified what you're passionate about. A general question of 'how do I make money online' is too broad and difficult to find an answer that matches what you're looking for.
I would suggest a few things to get started.
- Find a way to share with the world that you're a makeup artist and stylist. This can be through different avenues such as TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Find niche areas to share and be active within the makeup and stylist communities. MakeUpAlley is a great starting point for makeup, for example.
- What do you want to share as a content creator? Are you going to showcase your style? Product reviews? Answering general questions? Sharing your journey from Day 1?
- Engage and be personal. People will connect with you as a person. Be genuine, natural and authentic. Don't be the same as everyone else.
- Consistently publishing content on a regular basis is important. Search on YouTube, LinkedIn or other social media sites for Gary Vee (Gary Vaynerchuk). He has great tips on how to create several pieces of content through one video so your efforts are scalable.
- Be persistent. It will take time to build a following, but understand you're sharing information for the long term. Most videos may only get a few likes, but over time you'll grow your following.
Being a content creator won't generate income right away. If you need income right away, you can search for jobs related to your area or other jobs in the gig economy. Depending on what skills you have to offer will determine what direction you go in the short term.
Hope this helps! Comment to keep the conversation going!