Career/Major

1

So how does one find what they are passionate about, what major they want to go in. Im not sure about that. As of right now im considering physics because of astrophysics. When you find what you are passionate about and take the courses for that major do you ever struggle, or ask yourself
"Is this the right path?" "Should I continue going with this major" or have you ever gotten discouraged making you want to give up? What did you do to overcome it? #college-major

1

Jenn’s Answer

0

Take a look at your childhood through today. What were the things that you enjoyed the most? Write them down. Do you enjoy books? What are your hobbies? What set you apart from other kids? In your spare time at 8, 10, 12, & 14 years of age, what were the things that you looked forward to the most at school. Circle the 3 most important things that make you happy. Google and see if there is a job for those things. I didn't do this as a student but wished I had. Here are the 3 things that I would've circled! I would've chosen to plan events because I put on a pageant for my elementary school by myself when I was in 4 th grade. 2nd- I loved coaching. I coached everything from cheerleading to sailing. 3rd- People give me energy....I love being around people and helping out! What do I do now? I manage Global Community Service at Dell where I plan large scale volunteer campaigns, I train employees on programs and tools and my number 1 job is to help our employees engage and volunteer in their local communities!! That is the approach I would take!

I truly hope this helps!!

0