7

What are some online business programs recommended for high schoolers?

#marketing #high-school #business

7

0

Daniel’s Answer

Mariah, you have some excellent responses from people better versed than I in their areas of response. (Such as don't spread yourself too thin.) I am an attorney, with just a bit of business experience. So, I will leave the more business-oriented responses to them. I would, however, try to help you in the areas of English and Philosophy. If you have particular questions in those areas, please feel free to let me know.

I cannot over emphasize the importance of grammar, vocabulary, that is, how one speaks and writes. This is especially true for people of color as they still, too often, compete for education and employment situations where white (males) are the decision makers. I have experience there.

Dan Wood
Thank you comment icon Thank you for the advice! I'll definitely will reach out for questions about Philosophy and English. Mariah M.
Thank you comment icon Have you read "Lost in Thought: Hidden Pleasures of an Intellectual Life" by Zena Hitz? Mariah M.
0
0

Brennan’s Answer

All good advice that was previously given. Pick a class or two to match your interests on EdX.org or Coursera.com. Get used to the rigor and structure of online education. Focus on just starting AND finishing one class. Then move on to the next.
Thank you comment icon Thank you for the advice! Mariah M.
0
0

Ross’s Answer

You should check out this article from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristenmoon/2020/03/30/10-free-resources-for-high-school-students-to-get-ahead-while-school-is-out/?sh=25ba24d435e4
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Mariah M.
0
0

Woodson’s Answer

Consider exploring https://www.yearup.org/
Thank you comment icon thank you! Mariah M.
0
0

Steve’s Answer

I would recommend the University of Phoenix for online programs. They have a wide offering in business, and they are easy to work with.

Best of luck as you land your search.
0
0

I would recommend:

1. A foundational money and finance course
2. Negotiation class from. Yale or Harvard online
0
0

Anjali’s Answer

Having recently completed a variety of online courses (as refreshers), on coursera and edex, I would recommend 'Business Brand and Behaviour by London Business School'. It's highly relevant, easy to understand for beginners and really enjoyable!
Thank you comment icon thank you for the advice! Mariah M.
0