How much does a nurse practitioner make ?

5

janet’s Answer

Wonderful question. This really depends upon the area you are able to practice in. One of the things I found in speaking with FNP's I know in my area suggested locating a remote practice and build up your skills. Due to the high cost of obtaining your education this is a wonderful option because the government has programs that allow repayment for student loans to be repaid by working in remote areas. The more remote, the higher the repayment. This is something to consider because usually within 2 years your loans can be repaid. The average salary for a FNP in general practice in the area I am in is around $85,000-90,000 for start pay with a new FNP. Of course with experience this would be increased. I would suggest you look into an area you would like to practice in and gather input from FNP's in that area.

0

Belinda’s Answer

Salary ranges vary depending on the city and other important factors including education, certifications, additional skills and the number of years you have spent in the profession. Here in Tennessee the average NP salary is between 92,000 and 108,000 according to salary.com. This too can vary depending on the region in which you work.

0

Carolyn’s Answer

I agree with the above that it depends on if you are in a specialty practice or primary care and where you live. It looks like you are located in NY, which generally has higher salaries for NPs. Here is a resource for general average salary by state, keeping in mind that this can vary with specialty: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/What-Is-the-Average-Nurse-Practitioner-Salary-by-State

0