What would a day as a doctor be like?

4

Sudeep’s Answer

When you say Doctor, I am unable to ascertain what kind of Doctor? Veterinary? PhD? Medical? So to answer your question I would have to share on a broad perspective as opposed to something more deeper.

A typical day of a Doctor is just like any job but with a different focus, a different sense of purpose and certainly different forms of stress.

The job could be shift work, working 27/7 depending on the calamity, danger or urgency. It may require someone to be subjected to a certain space, to a certain building or to a certain environment. Many would be subjected to travel in the interiors or to venues to share their knowledge, others would be in the hospital or farm set-up or in the confines of some forest or landscape.

Whatever and wherever they are, they all have one common denominator, the joy they receive when seeing their efforts be rewarded by a smile from their patients, when things get back to normal, life triumphs death, and to see the future managed differently with new knowledge brought to the frontier.

I wish you much success and hope the day will come when you do enjoy being the career you aim to be.

0

Bryant’s Answer

A doctor has to go through a lot that they sometimes lack self care. They have to ensure they are giving great care and hearing from patients. From this to ensure the team and others are understanding each other. If you want to learn more, see if you can interview a local medical professional as they can give more answers as well as they would probably take time for those that are interested in being in the field.

0

Anum’s Answer

Not very easy, that's for sure. But for those who love it, difficulties don't matter that much. But if you want the actual experience, try interning or volunteering at a clinic or a hospital to observe and experience for yourself.

0

Valerie’s Answer

Hi!
I am currently a medical student, so I get to experience this quite frequently. You should experience this too! Find a local doctor and try to ask to shadow them for a day. Then you can see what you like about the job and if you could see yourself doing it. It also depends on what the doctor specializes in. Surgeons typically start their day a lot earlier than a dermatologist or family doctor. So I would suggest shadowing multiple different specialities so you can get a better idea of a being a physician in general.
Best of luck

0