Does anyone know anyone that would let me shadow a mechanical engineer?

I am a sophomore at ODU majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I have experience in sales, customer service, as well as food service. I am currently taking coding classes on the side to add to my resume. Please let me know if there is anyone in the Hampton Roads area or Washington DC area that is a mechanical engineer that would let me shadow them for a day or two.
#mechanicalengineer #college #student #shadow

3

Crystal’s Answer

Although I don't know anyone in the DC area that is a mechanical engineer personally, I would suggest going on LinkedIn and look up mechanical engineers that are alumni at ODU. Message them and ask if they would be willing to have a quick call with you. Once you manage to schedule a call, get to know them and what they do on the job. If they seem friendly and helpful, ask them if they would be willing to let you go and shadow them briefly during their job. If they can't personally do that, whether or not they know anyone who would be willing. At the very least, you would be able to get some connections into the professional community of interest.

0

Baylee’s Answer

I don't have any specific recommendations; however, as a Career Services Professional at a college, I truly suggest reaching out to your Career Services Office. They typically have connections to alumni who are willing to allow students to shadow them. Additionally, they may have contacts with companies in that area.

0