What makes DO's and MD's different?

Updated Wappingers Falls, New York

I went into college thinking I was going to become an MD but I have recently been looking into becoming a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy). I know that the schooling is relatively the same but I am curious to know the distinctions between them other then the teachings of osteopathic medicine being enforced with DOs. #doctor #md #do #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #medicine

Updated Los Angeles, California

Has anyone answered this for you yet? You can look this up on the internet. I have several friends who are DO’s. They went through just what you are right now. One thing that I learned from one of my friends as she was going through osteopathic medical school, is that it was not easy. My friends that are MD’s never complained of it being too hard. I was a paramedic trained by both medical schools. I must say it’s the osteopaths that I learned the most from. They made me more aggressive and confident. The best thing to do is to call the schools. I had worked with MD,s and DO’s for fourteen years and as far as scope of practice, from what I witnessed, there was no difference.