What are the responsibilities to becoming a real estate agent

I am in 8th grade. My teacher told my class that we had to pick 3 jobs that we were interested in. I decided to choose a Real estate agent. I really want to learn what they do. #realestate #student #classes

1

Justin’s Answer

Hey there Savannah,

Real Estate Agents help people buy and sell their homes...or they help people buy and sell commercial properties (Stores/ Office buildings) or land. The process can be complicated so an Agent is there to assist. Help the find a place to buy or buyers for something being sold. They also assist with the paperwork. Once a deal is finalized the the agent is paid a % of the sale price.

Here's a little more info on your question and how you could become one someday!

Getting a real estate license is relatively quick and inexpensive, and you don’t need a college degree. The steps involved include researching state requirements, taking a pre-licensing course, taking the licensing exam, deciding between broker and agent, and then choosing a brokerage. There is a difference between becoming a real estate agent and a real estate broker—the latter are members of the National Association of Realtors and adhere to its strict code of ethics.

https://www.investopedia.com/investing/steps-becoming-real-estate-agent/

0