How long does it take a become a chef.

I would love to become a chef
#chef

2

William’s Answer

I would have to disagree with part of Hassan’s answer. The part where he states,”9-12m to become a chef through a culinary training program.”
That is where people have this illusion of them going to cooking school to become a chef. Truth is you go to cooking school to learn the basics of cooking and the fundamentals of the business side of the food industry.
I think it’s comfortable to say it will take you anywhere from 7-10 years of hard work and dedication to become a chef. And that means giving up your weekends, holidays and sometimes family gatherings.
It is a long hard road but very rewarding in the end. Especially if you love what you do. If you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life.

0

Hassan’s Answer

I'm not in the hospitality industry but https://careertrend.com/how-many-years-of-school-does-it-take-to-become-a-chef-13654539.html suggests that it takes 9-12m to become a chef through a culinary training program.

I would imagine that unless you're amazingly talented, it will take a few years of cooking to become really experienced and build a reputation.

0