Chartered Accountant (CA) Course Details :
The Chartered Accountancy Course and Profession in India is regulated by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi.
Step by step procedure :
C. A. Course comprises of 4 Important Levels
1) Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
2) Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)/IPCE
3) Three years Articleship/ Training under a Practicing C.A
4) C. A. Final
The requirements for becoming a chartered accountant are as follows:
Register for CPT:
Register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class 10th examination.
Appear and Pass CPT:
Appear for CPT examination after appearing in 10+2 examination and after completion of period of at least 60 days from the date of registration for CPT with the Board of Studies as on the first day of the month in which examination is to be held, viz., students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be.
Definitely choose commerce if you like it and also want to become CA in future. CA is a very rewarding career. There are three steps to it:-
1. Foundation: The course duration is four months. Furthermore, it depends upon the caliber of student. The four-month duration is calculated from the date of registration into foundation stage to date of exam.
2. Intermediate: The course duration is 8 months. The duration is calculated from the day of registration till exam date.
3. Final: The final course duration is minimum 3 years. The calculation is done from the day of registration in the final stage to appearing in exam after completion of 3-year training.
References - Details of the Course