Hi! Is it okay to stop my schooling?
Hi everyone! This is me again. I am now enrolled in a university in Manila. But I am enrolled in a course that I am not expecting to apply. Now these pandemic, I tried to study in online class but I am really struggling because first, I am using my phone, next is I only to load my prepaid sim and I think this will not work. Any advice? Thank you. #studying #struggle
1) Set up a time to study daily--cut off all social media. You can start for thirty minutes and continually add more times.
2) Take notes during the online class, and when the class is over, review and revise your notes.
3) Try to complete all assignments--especially reading--before the class. Take notes while you read and review them before the class.
4) Take advantage of the professor's online office hours. Also, if the online class permits you to ask questions, ask them.
5) Try not to be so hard on yourself, and remember the pandemic will end soon.
6) Make sure you live a balanced life--mix studying with time to relax. Also, maintain friendships and love your family.
I agree, with Yasemin...a tough decision and some great suggestions. I would add; is there anyway to inquire if you can pause the course? Is it possible to give yourself a break to "re-charge" and reassess your situation given the advice above? (Speaking with a counselor, seeking WIFI options etc) This may allow you to be in a better position mentally to decide if its school you are questioning in general or is it just the course? The final decision has to be yours but seeking advice from family members, academic advisors etc is a good way to help you make an informed decision
Lastly, maybe speak with your adviser if you can and speak about your concerns. I know times are tough now but if you can work out the financial aspect of your education then I would still try to continue it. Of course the final decision is yours and what is best for you! Also for the SIM card, is that for the internet? Are you having trouble with the internet? I am not too sure what you can do to make it better unfortunately but maybe you can try to reach out to your professors and let them know you are having connection difficulties with WIFI. The university's technology group can also maybe help out too so try to call them and let them know!
I hope this helps and I wish you the best!