How many pets do vets take care of?

Greetings! I'm Ms. Rohm at the International Community School. My 3rd graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks for your words of wisdom! :)

#veterinarian

1

Julie’s Answer

Hi students of Ms. Rohm! The number of pets we see depends on our particular field. Vets like me who work in general practice may see something like 15 to 25 pets per day, but there are also multiple other fields such as emergency medicine, large animal medicine, research, and others so the number of animals those vets see per day will vary. Most vets also have their own pets, so we also have to take those into account to at the end of a work day. I have two cats and a dog and they definitely demand a lot of attention, haha. Hope this answers your question!

0

Vets take care of hundreds of pets. The vets I have known over time just love the pets as if they were their own. I have only had dogs and I have seen my vets talk to my dog just like he was their very own. Vets are great people!

0