Should I use the same "professional" photo for all my profiles?

Asked Edgewater, Colorado

I've recently created a LinkedIn and a Skype for professional and interviewing purposes now that I'm transitioning into adulthood. Should my professional photo be recycled or is this a sign of laziness and worth avoiding? #linkedin #profile-picture

Amy’s Answer

Updated Mexico City, Mexico

Hi

I agree, as long as the photo you have is current its ok, I normally have 1 or 2 different photos but I don’t think it really matters, the important thing is that when you meet a contact in person for the first time, they will be able to recognize you because of your photo.

JoAnn’s Answer

Updated Woodbridge Township, New Jersey

I would agree that as long as its a 'professional' photo shot, there is no harm in re-using. Consistency is always a good trait to demonstrate. That being said, I would just caution that it be a relatively recent photo and should be updated every few years or if you change your looks dramatically. Best of luck!

Angie’s Answer

Updated Alpharetta, Georgia

I would use the same 1 to 2 photos. This will show businesses from different websites that you are active ly looking. Also make sure that your pictures are current and if you have changed anything with your apperience (hair cut, color, etc.) that you get new updated photos take.

Kate’s Answer

Updated Boston, Massachusetts

Hi Jerry,

If you have one good professional photo, by all means use it multiple places! I don't think anyone would take that negatively. The most important thing is that your photo look fairly professional. It's also worth considering your personal social media accounts, since employers may potentially find them when looking into your application. Just make sure that your pictures are appropriate, although they certainly don't have to be especially professional in nature.

Kate