when do i need to have a job

I am in the 10th grade and I don't know what I want to do when I get older #help

3

Courtney’s Answer

I would recommend applying for different jobs in fields that interest you. You may be young, but it is never to early to start your career and start learning about what you like to do. It is common to be concerned about your lack of experience when you begin applying for jobs but many people have been in your position before. Everyone has to start somewhere. Beginning your career is also a great way to teach yourself financial responsibility while you don't have a lot of bills to pay.

Courtney recommends the following next steps:

Create a professional resume (Follow a resume template in word)
Include volunteer experience or school club involvement
Apply to internships or entry-level positions
Stay positive and follow up with your potential employer after 5 days
Research the company before you go for an interview and have good questions to ask about the position or company

0

Rebecca’s Answer

Hi Austin, you still have plenty of time for your career planning.
Firstly, you could explore what areas or industries you have interested on. You can shortlist a few of them. Then, you can explore more on those areas and choose relevant subjects in your high school.
After that, you may also narrow down your interest to a few of them. You can explore any opportunities to speak to someone who works in the industries and choose the most interested ones for your major and minors in undergraduate course.
In the tertiary education, you can explore any intern , part time or even working holidays in overseas opportunities on the subject you are interested on.
Hope this helps! Good Luck!

0

Kiirsten’s Answer

Hello Austin!

It's great that you're thinking about jobs and such at a pretty young age. What I recommend is you find something that interests you, and learn more about it-- do you like cooking? Maybe you can look into running a restaurant, or even cooking for a restaurant! Since you are only in 10th grade, I would work on building a resume-- start out with an easy part time job so you can still focus on school but also gain work experience-- this will show future employers that you have dedication and discipline. Also I suggest you meet with a guidance counselor, guidance counselors specialize in assisting students with all kinds of questions and could point you in the right direction.

Way to go, and have fun!

0