413
views

Which types of classes do I need to take in college to become a forensic scientist?

This is my preferred career. I am very interested in forensics and its studies

Question Topics

icon-country-tagsunited-states-of-america

321

8

One answers:

The typical college requirements to become a forensic scientist is that one usually needs to earn a bachelor's degrees in chemistry, biology, or forensic science. There are various fields in this profession: Some crime scene investigators and forensic science technicians are trained as police officers who have graduate from police academies. And of course, one must receive extensive on-the-job training.

In addition to needing very specific technical skills to do this job, forensic scientists should be able to work well with others and have strong organizational skills. The work of forensic scientists require problem solving and critical thinking skills. They should have an eye for detail. During college, work on developing strong speaking and writing skills as well.

One comment