How to get more involved in the community?

Asked New York, New York

Are there organizations or something that you would recommend I join/do in the community? What is a good way to start getting involved ? #career #job #community #community-involvement

Jennifer’s Answer

Updated Kirkland, Washington

Check out an organization called DoSomething.org. It's the largest organization for youth and social change and has some really cool opportunities!

Anna’s Answer

Hi Tiffanie,

I would also suggest checking with your employer if you are currently working. Here at PwC we have a number of community lead initiatives, and we are encourage to give back to the community through volunteering and fundraising. If you're not currently in work, but actively looking, a good question for potential employers is if they encourage getting involved with the community, and if so how. Especially if this is something you're passionate about. More and more employees are beginning to recognise the importance of giving back, and encouraging their employees to actively participate.

Best of luck to you!

Ken’s Answer

Updated Cleveland, Ohio

Hi Tiffanie!

Volunteering is a great way for you to become involved in you community. Here is a site that will allow you to find opportunities in the Flushing area: http://www.volunteermatch.org/search?l=Flushing,%20NY,%20USA

Best of luck! Please keep me posted. I would like to follow your progress!