What classes should I take if I want to pursue education and training?

I am a middle school student and education and training came up as one of my top job choices after taking a quiz. I enjoy training my friends and my brother, but I also want a career that pays well. #student #student #job #students #career #motivation #education #student-development #training

4

Anna’s Answer

Hi Donovan,

I have to commend you for being really introspective about your strengths and what you enjoy doing. That will be critical to pay attention to throughout your career.

One of the most important things to master in the space of training and adult education is to be able to communicate. That means, you should be an excellent writer and public speaker. Those qualities will be important regardless of the topic - whether that be technology, professional skills,
a physical trade, or something else. So I would say that you should double down on your writing classes and take advantage of any opportunity you can get to practice your presentation skills.

As for pay, you can absolutely have a great career in the space and make good money. These days, organizations use terms like Talent Development, Learning and Development , Training or Employee Enablement to classify these roles. You may want to use them to help you search for roles and explore for yourself on some job boards so you can check it our for yourself.

But I agree with Natalie, it can be a really compelling career because you can really feel the positive impact you are having on other people. Wishing you the best of luck in your career! :-)

Anna recommends the following next steps:

Keep working on your writing skills
Saved!
Look for opportunities to practice your presentation skills
Saved!
Use the terms I mentioned to look at some job boards (like LinkedIn or Indeed) to explore what jobs are out there and how much they pay
Saved!

0

Cari’s Answer

You can make a great living in the fields of training and education. Some organizations have very large training teams. Many have their own developers, technical writers, instructional designers, and trainers. You might want to research each of these in Google and look for videos in YouTube associated with these fields to get as much detail as you can about all the possibilities and to see if one appeals to you more than the other. I recommend doing this research first before thinking about gearing your coursework to a specific field.

0

Natalie’s Answer

The education field is fulfilling and takes a forever learner. Think about what area of education you would like to pursue. Adult Ed or early childhood education. Or anywhere in between 😃. I am an adult educator and it allows me and my learners to be creative and self discover. Teaching small children is a little different but very exciting. Adult Education and early childhood education programs are offered at most private and public colleges. Start by researching these programs in your area. I am from Michigan as well, look into Baker College. Hope this helps- Nat

0