HARSHIT P.

76

1

Regarding my career plan, I am confused as to which computer language is more important; python, or QA?

I know both languages are quite different with regard to testing and development, but could use additional information regarding their future use and value in the job market. #python #sql #core-java #test-automation

Hi Harshit, I can certainly answer this question, as I work with both! First of all, QA refers to a type of job, "Quality Assurance", not a programming language. A quality assurance engineer is responsible for ensuring that new products, software, or features work the way they're supposed to, and that the customer experience will be a positive one. QAs, as they are called, are important links in the product chain to make sure that customers will not only be pleased, but that they will recommend products and services to others, and will remain repeat customers, too.

Regarding Python, it's a scripting based programming language. I use Python routinely to write automated tests and it is an extremely versatile programming language capable of doing all sorts of tasks using computers. So if you are interested in learning to program, I certainly recommend it as a great choice, as it's easier to master than Java or C, and a lot more fun right away, too! You can even buy a low-cost Raspberry Pi that will run Python out of the box these days, so the possibilities are endless!

Last updated Sep 23 '16 at 22:45

As Frank mentioned QA is quality assurance and many times it's associated in some form with the testing of a program or product. Python is a programming language which many times it's used for test automation. Both in my opinion are important, but it depends on the product or program you are working on.

Last updated Sep 26 '16 at 22:54

I have worked on both side 20 years and I can tell they are different. Different mind, different problem solving skills, and different career. Software developer is a person who create a new things or make change for productive way in the business criteria. QA or validation engineer (test engineer) will tear down the artifact and analyze the basic unit if they are all working properly. Software developer will care about design, solution, problem solving, building and all about creation. QA engineer will do about validation, verification, clarification, accuracy and usability in the same business criteria. In modern software engineering jobs, you could do C# or Python which are popular in the job market. Also you would research about your potential employer's job description and find what the most common languages are. Some still need C++, Powershell, Bash or Perl even. So Java is. QA is not the language.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Oct 05 at 18:24

I'd like to answer Python part of you query. Various branches/streams in IT has its respective Computer Languages for example Web (Java), Data Base (SQL), Analytics (R) etc. You have to know where Python comes in the picture and decide would you like to pursue that direction or not. Like many computer language, Python caters to wide variety of solution - one of them being Data Sciences. Like R , Python is prominently used to provide analytical solving. You can take a set of data in a text file and run various command and get meaningful summaries. I personally use Python in running various statistical analysis like regression .. on my office sales data to build data sets like forecast. If you are interested in Python watch tutorial in youtube, there are vast amount of free tutorial videos that are available which provide excellent introduction to Python and variety of ares where it can be used (apart from Data Sciences). Python is free, watch some free tutorials and see if it helps in your field of career.
Last updated 40 mins ago

icon-country-tags Ashburn, VA, USA

Schools Add a schools