How can I have a better chance at getting a job, with experience

5

Vivian’s Answer

Hi Jadan,

A few ideas to help increase your chances at getting a job:

- Having a really good resume. Companies spend <30s reading resumes, so make sure the key points are near the top and that it's formatted in an easily readable manner. You could also have a friend or mentor review your resume to get feedback!
- Once you're interacting with the company, ie. phone screens or interviews, be professional during every interaction! Eye contact, positive attitude, a firm hand shake (maybe more relevant post-covid..)
- Be prepared. Research the company and ask relevant questions to indicate your interest in the job. Also be prepared to answer common interview questions, providing examples of how you've demonstrate a certain skill in the past.
- Be genuine. Don't lie in your application, and be honest about your experience. If that means you don't have a certain skill, answer honestly and perhaps suggest how you would go about learning that skill.

Best of luck on your job search!

1

Emily’s Answer

One of the first things I did when I started looking was creating a general resume with all experience & education I have. It's nice to have a visual copy of everything you've done to figure out what you may be qualified for. Then when I figured that out I'd make a copy and edit based on what I was applying for at the time.

1

I like the answers given on proper resume presentation. I would also suggest practicing interview scenarios with friends or family. In person verbal communication is an additional skill to enhance, with so much communication being performed by text / email, verbal practice can help you confidently answer questions and make you feel more at ease during interview process. Good Luck!

1

Juan Carlos’s Answer

When companies are hiring entry-level professionals, they usually look for a profile and not so much for years of experience. You need to show that:
-You are committed and eager to learn
-You are someone easy to work with
-You are reliable and fact-based
-And that you are willing to work hard to achieve your goals and the goals of the company

Hopefully this advice helps.

0

Melissa’s Answer

A Resume helps you get an interview, an interview helps you get a job! So, good resume, good interviewing skills. I am a huge believer in networking, and knowing people is one of the best ways to get the job you want! Also, internships!! Make sure you intern in places that are related to the field you ultimately want to work in, high school age and/or college age.

0