5

How will I reach where I want to go without worrying about obstacles

I´m a 18 year old former football player for my Hs (Alfred E Smith) and I love to have free time whenever. #football #sports #career

5

0

Priyanka’s Answer

Hi Luis,

Let me start by asking you a question - where is it that you really want to be (ie your goal) and what do you consider to be an obstacle?
Example: if you want to be in the state football team and studies are an obstacle, then the answer to your question will differ from a situation where you want to learn foot ball but do not have a good coach.
It is amazing to 'steal' free time whenever you can especially to pursue a passion - it helps you have more hours in a day compared to what normally people do. Just use this time wisely and learn / teach as much as you can.

Best of luck for your goals and once you have that in sight everything else will become irrelevant.

Cheers
Priyanka
Thank you comment icon Uh reason I put football on my profile is because I love the sport truly ya know, and I play football so I have somewhat experience when it comes to teamwork and building as a strong individual. But what I really wanna follow as a career and enhance is Forensic science following by (criminal justice.) Keep in mind the things you wanna achieve might not always be what you will be doing in a couple of years. So I´ve always learned to keep stuff like that in mind, and have back ups. Besides that I really appreciate you asking me what might be comfortable for me and making sure I can get a feel of one thing to another. Luis
0
0

Jennifer’s Answer

I recently read a really good book that you might like - The Power of a Positive Team by Jon Gordon, he is the Jacksonville Jags midset coach & there are tons of sports referecnes in the book. Look him up on Youtube or Facebook - he has written tons of stuff about positivity, and the effect it has on success & offers lots of ideas for being a 'can do' person. The right attitude & determination will get you a long way.
0
0

Rachid’s Answer

Dear Luis,

Obstacles are part of life. Having said that, I do believe that we should all try our best to be mindful of these situations and open minded to learn from each situation. That continuous effort will make you stronger, smarter and wiser as you grow in your career but also in life.
Your end goal has to be your fuel that will fill your motivation - and go back to the end goal when things get difficult and believe in you and positive about the future and the impact you want to make. This part is important and is related to your inner conviction!

Secondly, from my experience it is important to be truthful about your job - be committed, dedicated and a hard worker. That will speak to itself and raise your profile in the organization as a reliable, doer and talented employee.

Lastly, do not neglect the networking - working hard and good are perfect but you need to tell your own story, based on facts, to the right people.

The above 3 live principles is what is driving my career plan wherever I am and they helped me a lot particularly when doubts and obstacles are overwhelming me.
Thank you comment icon Yes Yes I very much agree on you saying ¨finding situations and be opened minded¨. I find all this information your telling me very informative, and I appreciate the feedback. Luis
0
0

Tyler’s Answer

Hey Luis,

Firstly, I would ask myself some questions about what you want – either in life, in a job, or both. Then I'd build some sort of loose plan. Map out the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years – where you want to be and what you want to be doing. The keyword from earlier, though is "loose." Things will not go exactly the way you want or hope (likely because of the obstacles you mentioned) but rather than focus on why the plan didn't work, focus on how you can change the plan to get closer to your goals. Obstacles will always be there, but so should your goals. And that's the important part of the journey – your goals.
0
0

Jeff’s Answer

Obstacles, road blocks and challenges should be seen as an opportunity as we can learn and grow from those experiences. Realizing this and addressing them head on is like taking on a 250 lb linebacker and knowing you have the skills and technique to succeed. You may get knocked down a bit but get up, shake it off and make adjustments. Use your resources such as other people to ask about the obstacles for advice and to talk through it and hopefully they will help lead you to answer it yourself.
0