Here are some areas you can focus on :
- Set goals, work in an area you're passionate about
- Understand your strengths and areas for improvement (You can take skills competency tests: you can find some online, like the one found on 123test.com). Then, when you understand what you're good at and where you could improve, find others whose strengths balance and complement yours and partner with them so that together you can be more productive. That will enable you to do your best work!
- Practice time management, keeping a schedule is helpful. Understanding the value of your work and prioritizing tasks accordingly will help you stay focused and avoid distractions.
- Find a mentor! Having someone you trust to give you feedback and advice can help keep you motivated and plan for next steps. A great mentor can help accelerate you toward your career goals.
- Make time for reading and learning, so that you can stay on top of current events and happenings (especially in your field)
- All industries today are fast paced, so make the time to be creative and innovative
Here is a link for "How to develop an insane work ethic": https://youtu.be/hML-7FUdKJQ
First off, find something you're passionate about doing. It's much easier to work hard if it's something you like to do! Additionally, make sure your priorities are aligned. When you have something to do and you know it needs to be done well, it's easier to pull yourself away from distractions. You can do this by setting very tangible goals and building on them.
If the opportunity is there, help with a company-wide project or initiative. You will be required to coordinate a number of logistics while making a number of connections along the way and you'll be invested in the outcome.
Hope this helps - good luck!
1. Identify why it is that you're doing what you're doing. When you figure out the purpose of your role, weather that be helping others solve a problem, providing a service that will improve the lives of others, or contributing to the success of a team, it's easier to remind yourself WHY you're putting in the effort. Whenever you're feeling unmotivated, remind yourself of the good that you are doing and recognize that you are needed in some way.
2. Plan things outside of the workplace environment that you will look forward to. Sometimes just knowing that you can finish up your work and go hang out with friends/family, watch a favorite show, or do something else you enjoy will motivate you to keep powering through.
3. Figure out the part of your work that you do enjoy and feel fulfilled by. Whether it's finishing a project, working with a certain person, learning, or earing a pay check, focus on that to motivate yourself through the next time you get to experience that.
I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!