To get started in your career of being a realtor, I would advise you invest in what I call the greatest investment, knowledge!
The key to being a successful realtor is a thorough understand of the real estate sector, local laws guiding the sector, and investing opportunities available in the sector.
This will help you guide your clients appropriately, and ensure you give value at all times.
As a realtor I believe that knowledge is the greatest investment in real estate. For starters, improve your knowledge base on the sector by socialising with experienced realtors.
Growth is a process!
Follow these steps and you’ll be well on your way.
1. Get licensed in your state
2. Choose a brokerage
3. Join the National Association of Realtors
4. Find a path to get training
5. Create a business plan
6. Build your business using your contacts
7. Develop your professional image
8. Be ready to meet your first client