Job Duties and Tasks for: "Creative Writer"
1) Conducts research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, utilizing sources such as newspaper accounts, diaries, and interviews.
2) Reviews, submits for approval, and revises written material to meet personal standards and satisfy needs of client, publisher, director, or producer.
3) Selects subject or theme for writing project based on personal interest and writing specialty, or assignment from publisher, client, producer, or director.
4) Develops factors, such as theme, plot, characterization, psychological analysis, historical environment, action, and dialogue, to create material.
5) Writes humorous material for publication or performance, such as comedy routines, gags, comedy shows, or scripts for entertainers.
6) Writes fiction or nonfiction prose work, such as short story, novel, biography, article, descriptive or critical analysis, or essay.
7) Writes play or script for moving pictures or television, based on original ideas or adapted from fictional, historical, or narrative sources.
8) Organizes material for project, plans arrangement or outline, and writes synopsis.
9) Collaborates with other writers on specific projects.
You can have more information, including free courses about this career in: