If you are a nurse, do you think that the salary you recieve is fair? Why or why not?

nursing healthcare
I'm a junior in high school and have been interested in nursing for around 3 years now. I am 17 years old. I'm not completely sure on where I want to go to college but I have been looking at the University of Iowa and the University of Michigan.

1

Ercelene D.’s Answer

Nursing salaries are dependent on many different factors such as your education, the area and cost of living where you live/work or the competitive landscape of healthcare in your particular area of nursing. In many instances having an advanced degree will increase your base salary along with specialty certifications.
I currently work in Nephrology specializing in chronic kidney disease, dialysis and transplant education. My salary is commensurate with my years of experience as a nurse , advanced degree and certifications.
I encourage you to never stop learning! Experience plus knowledge will increase your marketability to potential employers. Also, when thinking about compensation remember it includes more than what see in your paycheck. Your total compensation often may include stock, bonuses, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, etc.

Nursing is a very rewarding career choice and can be extremely lucrative providing a very comfortable lifestyle!

Ercelene D. recommends the following next steps:

Explore different nursing careers and compare national average salary .
0