What is the hardest part about being a pediatric doctor?

I am in 9th grade and I want to become a doctor. I want to work with kids and their families. I think there are many rewarding parts of becoming a doctor, but I wonder what the hard parts are too. doctor pediatrics medical pediatrics

From someone who has observed a lot of hardship related to the medical field, the biggest hardship you'll face is a terminal diagnosis. When a pediatric patient must face a terminal diagnosis at only 9 years old, and their family has to watch them as they get closer to the date of expiration. You become closest to these families, as they usually stay in the pediatric units. They have hospice for pediatric patients, but there will be some who choose to stay with you, as you have known them from the start and they trust you. You will never forget these patients, their families, or their pain. And they will never forget you. Please don't let this deter you, the good far outweighs the bad, I promise. Emily M.

1

Gopi’s Answer

First of all, this was one of my dream work to work for young kids as a pediatrician. I agree, it is totally rewarding job for one who loves to work with kids. I would say some of challenging parts would be treating a patient who can not communicate well with what is going wrong with them. It is little challenging to figure out or diagnose correct issue. Second thing would be balancing and handling sensitive parents. Majority of Parents are very sensitive when treatment is not helping or showing results or making their kids better, when they over react.

On other side, rewards are far much better than challenges in this career. They say when pediatrician save one life, that life can live for 100 more years. There is no field that has no challenges. Once you put your heart and mind in it, you can make this world better place by making kids better. I wish you a good luck for wonderful career that you are aiming to pick.
0