How do you get started in the human rights/international relations field?

I am a recent college grad. I double majored in Media Communications and Political Science. All of my internships are in media communications so I don’t have work experience.humanrights internationalrelations

1

Cameryn’s Answer

Hi Monica,

Your experience in media communications could be a very valuable to a human rights organization as many human rights organization need to spread the message about the work they are doing in a strategic way. I would suggest that you research which human rights organizations are hiring in marketing or public relations and see what skillsets they are looking for. You may find that the skills you gained in your internships can translate directly to a full time position.

Here is a LinkedIn group for jobs in non-profits: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1814873/

Cameryn recommends the following next steps:

Research job openings in human rights organizations.
Tailor your resume to skills outlined in those job descriptions based on your previous experience.

Thank You! Monica C.

0