What majors in college has video editing or something similar to it?

3
Pros
3
0

Zahid’s Answer

Video editors can major in various areas of visual art, video production and communications. Often, video editing classes are only one part of the larger degree that teaches you about all aspects of recording videos for different uses. These degrees help you learn the details of video editing technology and the basics of creating videos, like what kind of equipment videographers use and how to take high-quality videos. Some majors for video editors include:

Film and video production
Photojournalism
Audiovisual communications
Radio and television broadcasting

You can read more on this at: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/video-editor-major
1
Pros
1
0

Travis’s Answer

In my personal experience, being a Communications major allowed me to do some video editing projects and take some classes specifically on the subject. Also, once one of my Communications professors knew I had an interest in video, they worked with me to set up independent studies in specific areas of video production and editing that were not currently available in the college's curriculum.

So generally, a Communications major may be a great place to start, with video representing a portion of what you will study, in addition to the other key parts of the curriculum. Plus, don't be afraid to ask a mentor or professor for help with connections or new opportunities, if you don't see any specific classes for areas you want to learn.
0