What difference between MBA and master?

In China, more and more people want to continue studying directly after 4-year university life. But in Canada, I think local people are more likely to choose MBA after more than 3-year experience. mba master

5

Javier’s Answer

I have both.. a Master in Economics and an MBA. I did my Master right after college just because I wanted to go to a Ph.D. in Economics, so it seemed to be the best way to get it. I would definitely recommend getting work experience and then doing an MBA, unless you want to go to the academic path.

A Master definitely helps you by signaling that you're very interested in a particular subject, and if that's what you want to do for the rest of your life (if that's your passion) go for it!
An MBA helps you to get that job on that company that you always wanted to work, by giving you access to a huge network, a lot of resources and a brand value that it will be attached to your career forever.

Basically it depends on what you want to do.

1

Swapnil’s Answer

MBA is the abbreviation for Masters in Business Administration. Master is a common term used in many different contexts and may mean different things to different people. Working professionals often choose to pursue Executive mba courses from top colleges like the ITM Institute. This course is of shorter duration.

0

Sirlei’s Answer

Hello!

An MBA is a Master's degree, especifically a Master's in Business Administration. Many people who do not have a Bachelor's in Business opt to get an MBA to obtain a business insight.
I know of doctors, scientists, engineers, etc who also obtain an MBA to become more well rounded and to understand the business aspect of their field of work.

With that being said, you can opt to obtain a Master's in other areas as well...
Here are some examples:
https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/types-masters-degrees
0

Swapnil’s Answer

0

Lisa’s Answer

May I recommend that you focus on a MBA first and then possibly specialize in a masters later after you have worked a few years.
0

B’s Answer

An MBA is a masters degree. It's a Masters in Business Administration. Getting a Masters in Science is just a different discipline. Getting some business experience before your MBA will make it more beneficial. You can be incredibly book smart, but those theories may not be easily relevant in the real world.

0