Skip to main content
3 answers
3
Asked 170 views Translate

How many hours a week do you work?

#photography #graphicdesign #interiordesign

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you

3

3 answers


0
Updated Translate

David’s Answer

Hello Amelia, when I was chasing assignments, the bulk of my time was spent marketing my services to anyone I wanted to shoot for. I am a freelance photographer and as such I was always looking for new clients. So 80% of my time was spent marketing, 20% was spent actually using a camera. I would say I spent around 30 hours a week on my photography, on average. Now that I am retired, I spend about 30 hours a week working on a coffee table book about a cattle ranch. I hope to have that project ready for the printer around the end of June. Again, I spend 20% of my time shooting for the book with the other 80% editing, organizing images and looking for a publisher.
How many hours you work really depends on you. What do you want to accomplish and how hard do you want to work.
Thank you comment icon Thank you for the response! What are your most effective ways of marketing? amelia
Thank you comment icon I use the internet and refer clients to my website. Occasionally, I will send out a direct mail piece which is a 4x6 postcard with several of my images that are chosen for the clients I am contacting. David Wuerth
0
0
Updated Translate

Cheryl’s Answer

As a digital marketing manager working for a financial tech company, I am working at least 45-50 hours a week. It depends on the role/responsibilities you manage and/or the workload you have.
0
0
Updated Translate

Jessica’s Answer

Hi there! This is a tough one to answer because it's going to depend on the project I'm working on at the time. I am also in the process of making this my full time income so that means I am still working a full time "day job" until that happens. So there could be weeks where this is all I do as soon as I am done with that job, so 5 hours a night. But I will say, there is a definite difference for me putting in that time doing something I adore and am passionate about, the time feels different. I hope this helps!
Thank you comment icon Thank you for the advice, Jessica. amelia
0